Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spicy Cucumber Salad

This salad is one of the easiest you will ever make. It requires only a few ingredients and probably would take you about 10 minutes to make.

The jalapeño pepper added to the mix lends a new twist to this otherwise ordinary salad. I've made this salad before, but not with the spicy pepper. But now that I know that the combination is wonderful, I will be adding the pepper to this salad from this day forth.


Again, I found this recipe in my old Cooking Light magazine, in the same issue where I found the chicken sate with peanut sauce recipe.Spicy Cucumber Salad:
3 cups thinly sliced English cucumber (seedless, approx. 1 pc)
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp minced, seeded jalapeño pepper
1 tsp grated lime rind

Directions:
1. In a bowl combine the rice wine vinegar, sugar, jalapeño pepper and the grated lime rind. Let stand for a few minutes.
2. Thinly slice the cucumber and onion.
3. Toss in the dressing to coat.


I suggest you try this salad with the chicken sate with peanut sauce. (Recipe found in my last post prior to this one). You'll not regret it.

No comments: