Monday, August 25, 2008

Hiatus

Hi foodie blogville... if you've checked my blog lately, you'll notice that it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I have an important reason for this, which I am about to share with you.

I am currently back in my homeland, the Philippines. This was an emergency trip, as my father has urgent health issues that I needed to attend to being his one and only child. It sucks big time to see your parents get older and in failing health. If you're curious and would want to know specifically what the emergency is about, then please check my personal blog here and here.

Suffice it to say that I am having one of the most challenging times of my life and would appreciate if you can say a word or two of prayer for my father and our family.

I miss cooking and blogging. But I gotta do what I need to do, and for now, my priority is my father to get well. I may be checking in once in a while, but I won't promise that I will be able to post anything till I get back to the U.S. a couple of weeks from now.

Hope you'll continue to check my blog... For Jude and Bethany, thanks for the tag/awards.. I will blog about it later when the dust settles.


Thank you.

8 comments:

ironstef said...

I am sorry to hear about your father's health problems! My thoughts are with you and your family.

Steph

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

So sorry to hear about your family's trials right now. Our best wishes are with you.

Ela said...

praying for your dad's speedy recovery...

Unknown said...

Girl, our prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there :)

Unknown said...

such a sad reason to come home... been there, and it was really hard... will be praying for you... God bless...

Anonymous said...

Good luck and best wishes to everyone. May it all work out well.

Chibog in Chief said...

i see myself in you few months back, when i needed to rush to philippines for my sick dad, alas he left us...i will be praying for you jescel and be strong! dont worry we will still be here when you go back :-) lots of love

Cynthia said...

Very sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.