Friday, February 8, 2008

Quick Dinner

Yesterday was particularly a draining one in the office. Not physically, but mentally. I was dealing with numbers for the most part of the day. If you know me, Math isn't my forte at all. But I like doing something that is challenging. And getting the numbers to reconcile was a major brain stimulant. It's for a huge project contract in thousands of dollars, so obviously, I have to get all my numbers right.

So on my way home that afternoon, I wanted a good but easy to whip-up meal. And in days like this, my go-to food is fish.

I thought of preparing a mustard glazed salmon for dinner. It needs only few ingredients which most of it I already have in my pantry. Above all, it takes less than 30 minutes to cook - and it's healthy.

I broiled the salmon for a total of 2 minutes, then applied my glaze on to the fish and broiled it again for another 5 minutes. Easy isn't it? The glaze consists of dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, fresh rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil.

The asparagus took longer to cook than the salmon. I suggest that you do this first. I roasted them directly in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. The veggie was coated with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder and my secret ingredient - a dash of turmeric. It's a spice that's commonly used in Indian cooking. It gives a slight smokey taste, much milder than cumin does and I love it in my roasted vegetables.

This dish is so easy and delicious. It is just the right one to do when you are hungry but too tired to spend time in the kitchen. Try it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love salmon, I love asparagus, and I love tomatoes! lol...can I hire you as my personal chef??? ;-)

Jescel said...

LOL.. this is very simple, you can't believe it!