Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Peanut-Ginger Rice

Photobucket

This is the rice that I served with my Sesame-Crusted Tuna With Roasted Cipolline Onions. I normally prefer just plain, white rice because I don't want the rice to compete with whatever I am eating it with. But in this case, the rice is the perfect accompaniment to the tuna dish. I might be biased though, because I love Thai food.

Anyway, you can use those boil-in-a bag long grain rice that you can buy in the grocery. But as for me, I prefer to cook the rice myself. As an Asian, it would be a shame for me to use those boil-in-a bag stuff. And even if I'm feeling lazy- I still got the hook-up -- rice cooker, baby!

Photobucket

Peanut-Ginger Rice
4 cups rice, cooked (I prefer Jasmin or Basmati)
1/4 cup sliced green onions, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
2 tbsp Thai peanut sauce*
2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1/4 tsp salt
Roasted peanuts, for garnish

1. Cook rice according to direction, ommitting salt and fat.
2. Stir in onions, peanut sauce, ginger and salt.
3. Garnish with additional green onions and roasted peanuts. Serve warm.

*NOTE: You can increase amount of Thai peanut sauce according to your liking. If you don't have the bottled peanut sauce, you may mix 2 tbsp of creamy peanut butter with 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp hot sauce, 1 tsp lime juice. Mix thoroughly and add to rice.

4 comments:

The_Sphinx's World said...

This is another great recipe for me to try! I love the aroma of peanuts so I'm sure I'll love this. The tuna too looks yummy, but I don't really like sesame (sorry!).

Jescel said...

that's ok.. you can always leave out the sesame seeds and the tuna still will taste great with the onions.. :o)

Anonymous said...

Great recipe! I think it would lovely with grilled chicken. I'd add some fresh chilli and lime zest too - I things spicy!

Susan @ SGCC said...

Love this recipe! It looks so rich and delicious!